New Braunfels Volunteers in Medicine provides free services to people who live in New Braunfels and Comal County and who meet the following criteria:
Eligibility screenings are done initially when you come in as a new patient and every three months (90 days) . You are required to bring proof of total income in the household at each screening. This information is required to make an appointment at New Braunfels Volunteers in Medicine.
What documents should I bring when I come in to be screened for eligibility?
Income Verification (Please bring ALL that apply)
• Pay stubs of recent paychecks from each household member.
• Verification of Unemployment or Disability benefits.
• Proof of Social Security Income (S.S.I), VA Pension, AFDC, Food Stamps, Housing Benefits.
• Proof of child support or alimony.
• Last year’s tax returns (for small business owners and/or self-employed individuals).
• If Medicaid eligible and denied coverage, please bring denial letter.
Proof of Comal County Residency (Please bring two)
• Driver’s license or valid picture ID (with current address)
• Current utility bill (electric, gas, phone bills)
• Mortgage, rent payment verification, lease agreement.
• Building contract
• Car payment verification
Patients are seen by appointment. If you are sick and do not have an appointment, please call us before you come in so we can reserve adequate time for your care. If there are no appointments available, a member of our staff will speak with you about the next available opening.
If you cannot keep your medical or dental appointment and need to make a cancellation , please call the office at (830) 632-5131 to reschedule. Please remember that there are always people that could use your scheduled time if they are notified in advance. If you do not cancel your medical or dental appointment, it is considered a “no show.” If you have three “No Shows” within a six month period, you will be notified in writing that you will not be eligible for care at New Braunfels Volunteers in Medicine for a six month period.
If you are being referred to a provider for additional care, please remember that New Braunfels Volunteers in Medicine is NOT responsible for those charges. Please discuss with each facility the charity care or private pay policies and complete necessary applications PRIOR TO receiving care.
1195 W San Antonio St.
New Braunfels, TX 78130